Indigenous Chronic Disease Project
Indigenous Health Project Officer under the COAG Indigenous Chronic Disease Package (ICDP).
Roles of the Indigenous Health Project Officer
- Leadership activities and support for member organisations in the implementation of the ICDP, including activities to improve access to primary health care and promote best practice.
- Activities to increase understanding of the Closing the Gap measures relevant to Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services.
- Leadership in development and maintenance of strategies used to coordinate and support Closing the Gap measure relevant to Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services.
- Collaboration between the mainstream and Indigenous health sectors including the GPNNT and related organisations to address shared planning and priority setting.
- Strategies to support the NT Indigenous Chronic Disease Package Workforce of Indigenous Outreach workers (IOWs), Regional Tobacco Coordinators (RTCs), Tobacco Action Workers (TAWs) and Healthy Lifestyle Workers (HLWs) including development of an effective Network.